For High Schoolers (9th-12th Grade)
High School student film project highlighting homelessness in Palm Beach County was selected as one of only three finalist in the 2020, 25th Anniversary Palm Beaches Student Showcase of Films ‘Documentary’ category – the largest student film competition and award show for high school and college students in Florida.
Watch it HERE: https://youtu.be/LPj1DbQayTE
Student Showcase of Films Website
After-School (Placement dependent on Assessment Testing*)
Create 1.0 (Introductory) | Mondays + Wednedays*
4:30pm to 6:30pm
Create 2.0 (Advanced) | Tuesdays + Thursdays*
4:30pm to 6:30pm
*Students attend class two days per week for 31 weeks.
Create Students (After-School) must be assessed by an instructor in order to be placed in either Create 1.0 on Mondays/Wednesdays OR Create 2.0 on Tuesdays/Thursdays. The assessment testing is administered prior to orientation.
Please call 561-805-9927 to schedule assessment testing.
Create’s Curriculum is designed to advance the tools of media production and analysis through creative and socially relevant visual storytelling. Students will complete every phase of filmmaking, photography, digital graphics, including storyboarding, directing, shooting, sound design and editing on Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Students master their abilities in digital media and apply their talents on production teams with clients, as teaching assistants and to develop portfolios to be competitive in a technology-driven job market.
The Create program is designed to get you learning and creating at a pace that feels like you’re working in the real world.
Our facilities mirror professional working environments and offer an interactive, technology-driven learning experience. You’ll become versed in industry technology and processes, and work on real projects to refine your professional skill set.
Course Objectives for Create 1.0 2019-2020
– Students will become proficient in basic Mac functions and operations.
– Students will demonstrate effective and correct usage of digital cameras to
– Students will edit video using Final Cut Pro.
– Students will develop interviewing and storytelling skills.
Course Objectives for Create 2.0 2019-2020
– Students will develop a professional portfolio demonstrating their creative
– Students will film and edit a documentary with an accompanying trailer.
– Students will use ToonBoom Animation to create short films.
– Students will develop their technical and creative skills to prepare to work
or intern in the media arts field.
– Students will tell stories (documentary and fictional) through media while
developing their technical knowledge and skills in photos, video, and
$50.00* Non-Refundable registration fee.
*Registration fee is deducted from the annual program cost.
$1,600.00* for the year, including Summer programming
*Tuition Reduction is available on a sliding scale which is based upon the families most recent tax returns. To apply please email: JonathonO@cceflorida.org
Contact and Enrollment:
(561) 805-9927 x106